UTCs are government funded schools that teach technical and scientific subjects in a new way.
Together they are educating the inventors, engineers, scientists and technicians of tomorrow.
The UTC learning environment feels more like a workplace than a school. The working day is longer, giving students the chance to complete group and project work on site while developing independent learning skills.
UTCs are designed for 14-19 year olds (Year 10 to Year 13), meaning they are smaller and more focused than most secondary schools.
Learning is supported by industry standard facilities and is delivered in partnership with employers.
Sir Charles Kao UTC is the right place for you if you want to:
- Develop your passion for computing, science and engineering
- Combine academic study with practical assignments
- Learn in a high-tech environment. We are the only school in the country to offer an intelligent flat, offering students the chance to explore life-changing assistive technologies
- Gain specialist skills and knowledge relevant for today’s high-tech industries, while keeping your options open
- Study in a professional work-like environment, where you take responsibility for your own learning
- Complete assignments during the day, leaving you with spare time to pursue other interests
- Build relationships with potential future employers by working on projects and taking up summer internships